Terms of Service
Last Modified: May 10, 2018
Please read these Terms carefully. By using ServicePal or signing up for an account, you’re agreeing to these Terms. It describes the services we will provide to you, how we will work together, and other aspects of our business relationship. It is a legal document (a contract) so some of the language is necessarily “legalese”, but we have tried to make it as readable as possible. These terms are so important that we cannot provide our products and services to you unless you agree to them. By using the Subscription Service or receive Consulting Services, you are agreeing to these terms.
THESE TERMS CONTAIN LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY IN SECTION C.7.
THESE TERMS CONTAIN DATA PROCESSING TERMS RELATED TO EU/EEA AND SWITZERLAND CUSTOMERS IN SECTION D.2.
We know legal terms can be difficult to understand, so we have structured the Agreement the following way:
- A. DEFINITIONS. This contains the detail on what the key defined terms in the Agreement mean.
- B. GENERAL COMMERCIAL TERMS. This section contains the basics about how our Subscription Service and Consulting Services are provided.
- C. GENERAL LEGAL TERMS. As we mention above, this is a contract, and contracts are filled with legal terms. In this section, we’ve collected many of the remaining legal terms that make up our Terms of Service.
- D. JURISDICTION SPECIFIC TERMS. With customers across the globe, this final section contains a few important terms related to the jurisdiction and data processing.
“Account Owner” means the individual who created a ServicePal account, or who is designated as such in the account record. The Account Owner is responsible for paying the Subscription Fee.
“Add-ons” means additional features and options activated within your ServicePal account (if these options are made available by us).
“Agreement” means these Terms of Service and all materials referred or linked to in here.
“Billing Period” means the period for which you agree to prepay fees which will be the same as or shorter than the Subscription Term. For example, if you subscribe to the Subscription Service for a six (6) months Subscription Term, with a (6) months upfront payment, the Billing Period will be six (6) months. For most of our customers, the Billing Period is one (1) month.
“Communication Services” means third-party forums, online communities, blogs, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other social media communication facilities (such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) linked to or from the Subscription Service that enable you to communicate with the public or with a private group.
“Confidential Information” means all information provided by you or us (“Discloser”) to the other (“Receiver”), whether orally or in writing that is designated as confidential. Confidential Information will include Customer Data and information about the Discloser’s business plans, technical data, and the terms of the Order. Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Discloser or (ii) was known to the Receiver before receipt from the Discloser.
“Contact Information” means the name, email address, phone number and similar information submitted by you on the Subscription Service or uploaded by you to the Subscription Service.
“Consulting Services” means the professional services provided to you by us, which may include training services, installation, custom form creation, development, integration or other consulting services.
“Customer Data” means all information that you submit or collect via the Subscription Service.
“End User” means a single individual whose Contact Information is stored by you in the Subscription Service.
“Feedback” means any recommendation, idea, proposal, suggestion, product review, feedback or other input you submit to ServicePal related to its products, services, websites, apps, or technology.
“Free Services” means the Subscription Service, BETA release or other products or features made available by us to you on an unpaid trial or free basis.
“Order” or “Order Form” means the online subscription process by which you agree to subscribe to the Subscription Service and purchase Consulting Services. Most Orders are completed through our online payment process or via in-app purchase. The Order may be referred to as a “Statement of Work” if you are purchasing only Consulting Services.
“Sensitive Information” means (a) credit or debit card numbers; personal financial account information; Social Security numbers or local equivalents; passport numbers; driver’s license numbers or similar identifiers; passwords; racial or ethnic origin; physical or mental health condition or information; or other employment, financial or health information, including any information subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, and other regulations, laws or industry standards designed to protect similar information; and (b) any information defined under EU data protection laws as ‘Sensitive Personal Data’.
“ServicePal Content” means all information, data, text, messages, software, sound, music, video, photographs, graphics, forms, images, and tags that we incorporate into the Subscription Service or Consulting Services.
“Subscription Fee” means the amount you pay for the Subscription Service.
“Subscription Plan” means the chosen level of Subscription Service you have subscribed to or that we otherwise make available to you. You can change your Subscription Plan subject to the limitations imposed by the individual Subscription Plan.
“Subscription Service” means all of our web-based and mobile applications and Add-ons that you have subscribed to or that we otherwise make available to you, and are developed, operated, and maintained by us, and any ancillary products and services, including website hosting, that we provide to you.
“Subscription Term” means the initial term of your subscription to the applicable Subscription Service, typically one (1) month, unless otherwise specified on your invoice. For Free Services, the Subscription Term will be the period during which you have an account to access the Free Services.
“Third-Party Products” means non-embedded products and professional services that are provided by third parties which inter-operate with or are used in connection with the Subscription Service. These products and services include non-ServicePal apps available from, for example: the Apple App Store, our settings page, partners, and links made available through the Subscription Service.
“Third-Party Sites” means third-party websites linked to from within the Subscription Service, including Communications Services.
“Users” means your employees, representatives, consultants, contractors or agents who are authorized to use the Subscription Service for your benefit and have unique user identifications and passwords for the Subscription Service.
“ServicePal”, “we”, “us” or “our” means the applicable contracting entity as specified in the ‘Contracting Entity and Applicable Law’ section.
“Storage Limit” means the amount of computer storage included with your chosen Subscription Plan.
“You”, “your” or “Customer” means the person or entity using the Subscription Service or receiving the Consulting Services and identified in the applicable account record, billing statement, online subscription process, or Order Form as the customer.
B. GENERAL COMMERCIAL TERMS
1. Authority. You agree that you are permitted to use our Services under applicable law. If you are using the Services on behalf of a company, business, organization or other entity, you represent that you have the legal authority to accept these Terms on behalf of that entity. If you are accessing an account(s) on behalf of the Account Owner (e.g., as an administrator, consultant, analyst, etc.), the Terms apply to your activities on behalf of the Account Owner.
2. Age. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Services. Please do not access our services unless you are an adult.
3. Indemnity. If you are using the Services on behalf of a company, business, organization or other entity, you and the entity will hold harmless and indemnify ServicePal (defined in Section C.6 below) from any suit, claim or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these Terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims (including claims for negligence), losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees.
4. Access. During the Subscription Term, we will provide you access to use the Subscription Service as described in this Agreement and the applicable Order. We may also provide you access to use our Free Services at any time by activating them in your ServicePal account. We might provide some or all elements of the Subscription Service through third party service providers. You are responsible for all activity that happens on or through your account. To protect your account, keep your password confidential. Do not reuse your account password with other services. Without prejudice to your statutory rights, if you forget your password and otherwise cannot validate your account to us, you acknowledge and agree that your account may be inaccessible to you and that all data associated with the account may not be retrievable. You will notify us right away of any unauthorized use of your Users’ identifications and passwords or your account.
5. Consulting Services. You may purchase Consulting Services by placing an Order with us. Unless we otherwise agree, the Consulting Services we provide will be delivered in English. Fees for these Consulting Services are in addition to your Subscription Fee. If you purchase Consulting Services that recur, they will be considered part of your subscription and will renew in accordance with your subscription.
6. Use and Limitations of Use
a. Account Information. You will need an account to use our Services. You must ensure that your Contact Information (that is, the information you provided when you registered for a Subscription Service) remains current, complete, accurate and truthful.
b. Prohibited and Unauthorized Use. You agree not to use our Services:
- to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Services or to our servers, systems, network, or data;
- to make available any content that is harmful to children, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another person’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any person or entity; or forge or manipulate headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Subscription Service;
- to make available any content that you do not have the right to make available or that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity;
- to make available viruses or any other computer code, files, programs or content designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Services or affect other users;
- to interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers, systems or networks connected to the Services in any way; or
- if you are legally prohibited from receiving or using the Subscription Service under the laws of the country in which you are resident or from which you access or use the Subscription Service. The Subscription Service is not designed to comply with industry-specific regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), or the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), so you may not use the Subscription Service where your communications would be subject to such laws.
c. No Sensitive Information. YOU AGREE NOT TO USE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO COLLECT, MANAGE OR PROCESS SENSITIVE INFORMATION. WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO COLLECT OR MANAGE SENSITIVE INFORMATION.
e. Third-Party Sites and Products. Third-Party Sites and Products are not under our control. Third-Party Sites and Products are provided to you only as a convenience, and the availability of any Third-Party Site or Product does not mean we endorse, support or warrant the Third-Party Site or Product.
7. Fees and Payments
a. Subscription Fees. The Subscription Fee will remain fixed during the Subscription Term unless you: (i) exceed your Storage Limit or other applicable limits specified by the Subscription Plan, (ii) add Users, (iii) upgrade products, (iv) subscribe to additional features, products or Add-ons or (v) unless otherwise agreed to in the Order.
b. Fee Adjustments During a Billing Period. If you add Users, upgrade your Subscription Plan, or exceed other applicable limits, change products or subscribe to additional features or Add-ons during the Billing Period, a pro-rated Subscription Fee for chose changes will be added during the Billing Period in the applicable amount.
c. Fee Adjustments in Next Billing Period. We determine the Subscription Fees for the next Billing Period by reviewing the number of Users and other activated features, products and Add-ons in your account. Your Subscription Fee will be determined at the beginning of the next Billing Period corresponding to the number of Users, features, products, Add-ons and your then chosen Subscription Plan. This process will continue for each Billing Period during the Subscription Term.
d. Payment by credit card. If you are paying by credit card, you authorize us to charge your credit card or bank account for all fees payable during the Subscription Term. You further authorize us to use a third party to process payments, and consent to the disclosure of your payment information to such third party.
e. Payment against invoice. If you are paying by invoice, we will invoice you no more than thirty (30) days before the beginning of the Subscription Term and each subsequent Billing Period, and other times during the Subscription Term when fees are payable. All amounts invoiced are due and payable per the terms specified on the invoice, unless otherwise specified in the Order Form.
f. Payment Information. You will keep your contact information, billing information and credit card information (where applicable) up to date. Changes may be made by the Account Owner on the Subscription screen within your ServicePal account (visit How to update my subscription.) All payment obligations are non-cancelable and all amounts paid are non-refundable, except as specifically provided for in this Agreement. All fees are due and payable in advance throughout the Subscription Term.
g. Sales Tax. All fees are exclusive of taxes, which we will charge as applicable. You agree to pay any taxes applicable to your use of the Subscription Service and performance of Consulting Services. You shall have no liability for any taxes based upon our gross revenues or net income. If you are located in the European Union, all fees are exclusive of any VAT and you represent that you are registered for VAT purposes in your member state. At our request, you will provide us with the VAT registration number under which you are registered in your member state. If you are subject to GST, all fees are exclusive of GST. If you are required to deduct or withhold any tax, you must pay the amount deducted or withheld as required by law and pay us an additional amount so that we receive payment in full as if there were no deduction or withholding.
8. Subscription Term, Cancellation, Termination, Suspension
We are constantly innovating, changing and improving the Services. We may, without notice, add or remove functionalities or features, create new limits to the Services, or temporarily or permanently suspend or stop a Subscription Service.
a. Term and Renewal. Your initial subscription period will be for one (1) month, unless otherwise specified in your Order or invoice, and your subscription will automatically renew. To prevent renewal of the subscription, you must cancel service as described below. If you add Users, products or Add-ons during the Subscription Term, the fees for these additional products will be pro-rated for the duration of your current Billing Period and they will renew along with your subscription, unless otherwise indicated in your Order.
The renewal pricing set forth in your Order will apply, subject to adjustment as specified in the ‘Fees and Payments’ section above. If renewal pricing is not included in your Order, then our standard pricing available on our Websites on the date of renewal will apply. If you use our Free Services, we will make the Free Services available to you free of charge until earlier of (a) the date on which your free subscription is terminated or (b) the start date of your paid subscription.
b. No Refunds. We do not provide refunds if you decide to stop using the Subscription Service during your Subscription Term.
c. Cancellation. The Account Owner (as defined in the sign-up procedure) is responsible for canceling the Subscription Service, and must cancel the subscription from the Subscription page. There are no other means of canceling the Subscription Service. For more information, visit “How do I cancel my subscription” on ServicePal Academy. Once you cancel the Subscription Service you will lose access to Customer Data, and we preserve the right to delete all such Customer Data content in the normal course of operation. We encourage you to export or download Customer Data before you cancel the Subscription Service. If you cancel the the Subscription Service before the end of your current paid-up Billing Period, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
d. Termination for Cause. Either party may terminate this Agreement for cause, as to any or all Subscription Services: (i) upon thirty (30) days’ notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) immediately, if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors. We may also terminate this Agreement for cause on thirty (30) days’ notice if we determine that you are acting, or have acted, in a way that has or may negatively reflect on or affect us, our prospects, or our customers. This Agreement may not otherwise be terminated prior to the end of the Subscription Term.
e. Suspension for Prohibited Acts. We may suspend any User’s access to any or all Subscription Services without notice for: (i) use of the Subscription Service in a way that violates applicable local, state, federal, or foreign laws or regulations or the terms of this Agreement, (ii) use of the ServicePal email send service that results in excessive hard bounces, SPAM complaints via feedback loops, direct spam complaints (to our abuse desk), or requests for removal from a mailing list by recipients, or (iii) repeated instances of posting or uploading material that infringes or is alleged to infringe on the copyright or trademark rights of any person or entity.
f. Suspension for Non-Payment. We will provide you with notice of non-payment of any amount due. Unless the full amount has been paid, we may suspend your access to any or all of the Subscription Service (5) days after such notice. We will not suspend the Subscription Service while you are disputing the applicable charges reasonably and in good faith and are cooperating diligently to resolve the dispute. If a Subscription Service is suspended for non-payment, we may charge a re-activation fee to reinstate the Subscription Service.
g. Suspension for Present Harm. If your website, or use of, the Subscription Service: (i) is being subjected to denial of service attacks or other disruptive activity, (ii) is being used to engage in denial of service attacks or other disruptive activity, (iii) is creating a security vulnerability for the Subscription Service or others, (iv) is consuming excessive bandwidth, or (v) is causing harm to us or others, then we may, with electronic or telephonic notice to you, suspend all or any access to the Subscription Service. We will try to limit the suspension to the affected portion of the Subscription Service and promptly resolve the issues causing the suspension of the Subscription Service. Nothing in this clause limits our right to terminate for cause as outlined above, if we determine that you are acting, or have acted, in a way that has or may negatively reflect on or affect us, our prospects, or our customers.
h. Suspension and Termination of Free Services. We may suspend, limit, or terminate the Free Services for any reason at any time without notice. We may terminate your subscription to the Free Services due to your inactivity.
i. Effect of Termination or Expiration. If your paid subscription is terminated or expires, we may choose to continue to make available to you our Free Services, and you will continue to be subject to this Agreement for as long as you have access to a ServicePal account.
Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, you will stop all use of the affected Subscription Service and ServicePal Content. We may or may not provide you the opportunity to retrieve Customer Data after termination or expiration. We encourage you to export or download your data from time to time. If you terminate this Agreement for cause, we will promptly refund any prepaid but unused fees covering use of the Subscription Service after termination. If we terminate this Agreement for cause, you will promptly pay all unpaid fees due through the end of the Subscription Term. Fees are otherwise non-refundable.
9. Support. ServicePal provides different levels of support, depending on the chosen Subscription Plan. If we provide you with support, it is at our sole discretion and does not mean that we will continue to provide you with support in the future. If your Subscription Plan include Phone support, it is available from 8am Monday – 5pm Friday PST (Pacific Standard Time), with reduced hours during holidays in the US. We accept email and in-app chat support questions 24 Hours per Day x 7 Days per Week. Email and in-app chat responses are provided during phone support hours only. We attempt to respond to email and in-app chat support questions within one business day; in practice, our responses are generally even faster. We do not promise or guarantee any specific response time.
10. Different versions of the Services. Different features may be available in different versions of the Services and not all features may be available in your country or region. Also, not all features may be available if the user that you are communicating with is using a different version of the Services, or is using Third-Party Sites and Products.
11. Feedback. You agree that any Feedback you submit to us may be used by us without any notice, obligation, restriction, reimbursement or compensation to you and you waive (or agree not to enforce) any and all rights that may now or in future exist (including moral and equivalent rights) in any Feedback.
C. GENERAL LEGAL TERMS
1. Customer Data
b. Aggregate Data. We may monitor use of the Subscription Service by all of our customers and use the data gathered in an aggregate and anonymous manner. You agree that we may use and publish such information, provided that such information does not incorporate any Customer Data and/or identify you.
c. Safeguards. We will maintain commercially appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect Customer Data. You consent to the processing of Customer Data in the United States.
2. Our Proprietary Rights. This is an Agreement for access to and use of the Subscription Service, and you are not granted a license to any software by this Agreement. The Subscription Service and Consulting Services are protected by intellectual property laws, they belong to and are the property of us or our licensors (if any), and we retain all ownership rights to them. You agree not to copy, rent, lease, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the ServicePal Content, the Subscription Service, API or the Consulting Services in whole or in part, by any means, except as expressly authorized in writing by us. Our trademarks include, but aren’t limited to, those listed at http://servicepal.com/company/trademark-usage-guidelines (which we may update at any time without notice to you) and you may not use any of these without our prior written permission.
We encourage all customers to comment on the Subscription Service or Consulting Services, provide suggestions for improving it, and vote on suggestions they like. You agree that all such comments and suggestions will be non-confidential and that we own all rights to use and incorporate them into the Subscription Service or Consulting Services, without payment or attribution to you.
3. Your Proprietary Rights. As between the parties, you own and retain all rights to the Customer Data. This Agreement does not grant us any ownership rights to Customer Data. You grant permission to us and our licensors to use the Customer Data only as necessary to provide the Subscription Service and Consulting Services to you and as permitted by this Agreement. If you are using the Subscription Service or receiving Consulting Services on behalf of another party, then you represent and warrant that you have all sufficient and necessary rights and permissions to do so.
4. Confidentiality. The Receiver will: (i) protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information using the same degree of care that it uses with its own confidential information of similar nature, but with no less than reasonable care, (ii) not use any Confidential Information for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement, (iii) not disclose Confidential Information to any third party (except our third party service providers), and (iv) limit access to Confidential Information to its employees, contractors, advisors and agents. Upon notice to the Discloser, the Receiver may disclose Confidential Information if required to do so under any federal, state, or local law, statute, rule or regulation, subpoena or legal process.
5. Publicity. You grant us the right to add your name and company logo to our customer list and website.
6. Indemnification. You will indemnify, defend and hold us harmless, at your expense, against any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (each, an “Action”) brought against us (and our officers, directors, employees, agents, service providers, licensors, and affiliates) by a third party not affiliated with us to the extent that such Action is based upon or arises out of (a) unauthorized or illegal use of the Subscription Service by you, (b) your noncompliance with or breach of this Agreement, (c) your use of Third-Party Products, or (d) the unauthorized use of the Subscription Service by any other person using your User information. We will notify you in writing within thirty (30) days of our becoming aware of any such claim; give you sole control of the defense or settlement of such a claim; and provide you (at your expense) with any and all information and assistance reasonably requested by you to handle the defense or settlement of the claim. You shall not accept any settlement that (i) imposes an obligation on us; (ii) requires us to make an admission; or (iii) imposes liability not covered by these indemnifications or places restrictions on us without our prior written consent.
7. Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability
a. Disclaimer of Warranties. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND AGENTS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, SECURITY OR ACCURACY OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, DATA MADE AVAILABLE FROM THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, SERVICEPAL CONTENT, OR THE CONSULTING SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACES (APIs) MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, SERVICEPAL CONTENT AND CONSULTING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, WITH REGARD TO THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE AND THE CONSULTING SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
b. No Indirect Damages. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES; PROVIDED THAT, THIS LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO YOU IF YOU ONLY USE THE FREE SERVICES.
c. Limitation of Liability. EXCEPT FOR YOUR LIABILITY FOR PAYMENT OF FEES, YOUR LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE ‘INDEMNIFICATION’ SECTION, AND YOUR LIABILITY FOR VIOLATION OF OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER PARTY IS DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF A PARTY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNTS YOU HAVE ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE IN THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO A CLAIM; PROVIDED HOWEVER, THIS LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO YOU IF YOU ONLY USE THE FREE SERVICES, AND IN THIS CASE, IF WE ARE DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE FREE SERVICES, THEN OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS.
d. Third Party Products. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS THAT YOU USE. OUR LICENSORS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
e. Agreement to Liability Limit. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ABSENT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, WE WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO YOU.
a. Amendment; No Waiver. We may update and change any part or all of these Terms of Service, including the fees and charges associated with the use of the Subscription Service (but, your fees and charges won’t change during the Subscription Term except as we explain in the ‘Fees and Payments’ section above.) If we update or change these Terms of Service, the updated Terms of Service will be posted at http://servicepal.com/company/terms and we will let you know via email or in-app notification. The updated Terms of Service will become effective and binding on the next business day after it is posted. For Services and their prices, if we make updates or changes we will provide notice of those changes at our discretion. The updated Services and pricing will be effective upon posting. We encourage you to review these Terms of Service periodically.
If you do not agree with a modification to the Terms of Service, you must notify us in writing within thirty (30) days after receiving notice of modification. If you give us this notice, your subscription will continue to be governed by the terms and conditions of the Terms of Service prior to modification for the remainder of your Subscription Term. Upon renewal, the Terms of Service published by us on our website will apply.
No delay in exercising any right or remedy or failure to object will be a waiver of such right or remedy or any other right or remedy. A waiver on one occasion will not be a waiver of any right or remedy on any future occasion.
b. Force Majeure. Neither party will be responsible for failure or delay of performance if caused by: an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; act of God; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage that is not caused by the obligated party; government restrictions; or other event outside the reasonable control of the obligated party. Each party will use reasonable efforts to mitigate the effect of a force majeure event.
c. Actions Permitted. Except for actions for nonpayment or breach of a party’s proprietary rights, no action, regardless of form, arising out of or relating to this Agreement may be brought by either party more than one (1) year after the cause of action has accrued.
d. Relationship of the Parties. You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between us.
e. Compliance with Laws. We will comply with all U.S. state and federal laws (where applicable) in our provision of the Subscription Service, the Consulting Services and our processing of Customer Data. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. You will comply with all laws in your use of the Subscription Service and Consulting Services, including any applicable export laws. You will comply with the sanctions programs administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. You will not directly or indirectly export, re-export, or transfer the Subscription Service or Consulting Services to prohibited countries or individuals or permit use of the Subscription Service or Consulting Services by prohibited countries or individuals.
f. Severability. If any part of this Agreement or an Order Form is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement will continue in effect.
g. Notices. ServicePal may provide you with notices, including service announcements and notices regarding changes to these Terms, by, but not limited to, email, regular mail, text message or SMS, MMS, push notification or in-app message, postings on the Services, telephone, or other reasonable means now known or hereafter developed. You consent to receive these notices by any and all of the foregoing means. You may not receive notices if you violate the Terms by accessing the Subscription Service in an unauthorized manner, and you will be deemed to have received any and all notices that would have been delivered had you accessed the Services in an authorized manner.
i. Assignment. You will not assign or transfer this Agreement, including any assignment or transfer by reason of merger, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of your assets, change of control or operation of law, without our prior written consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld. We may assign this Agreement to any affiliate or in the event of merger, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of our assets, change of control or operation of law.
j. No Third Party Beneficiaries. Nothing in this Agreement, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any third party person or entity any right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
k. Contract for Services. This Agreement is a contract for the provision of services and not a contract for the sale of goods. The provisions of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA), or any substantially similar legislation as may be enacted, shall not apply to this Agreement. If you are located outside of the territory of the United States, the parties agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not govern this Agreement or the rights and obligations of the parties under this Agreement.
l. Survival. The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement: ‘Definitions’, ‘Fees and Payments’, ‘Prohibited and Unauthorized Use’, No Refunds’, ‘Termination for Cause’, ‘Suspension for Prohibited Acts’, ‘Suspension for Non-Payment’, ‘Suspension for Present Harm’, ‘Suspension and Termination of Free Services’, ‘Effect of Termination or Expiration’, ‘Our Proprietary Rights’, ‘Your Proprietary Rights’, ‘Confidentiality’, ‘Publicity’, ‘Indemnification’, ‘Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability’, ‘Miscellaneous’ and ‘Contracting Entity and Applicable Law’.
m. Precedence. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and an Order, the terms of the Order shall control, but only as to that Order.
D. JURISDICTION SPECIFIC TERMS
1. Contracting Entity and Applicable Law. You are contracting with ServicePal Inc. and this Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without regard to conflicts of law principles. For contracts with ServicePal Inc., both parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in San Mateo County, California, U.S.A. for all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Subscription Service or the Consulting Services.
2. EU/EEA and Switzerland Data Processing.